With Bahia Sexi you can discover the best attractions of Fuengirola. In this way, you can visit each corner in your own thing and you won’t miss anything. So read this post to organize better your holiday.
Fuengirola is a town in the province of Málaga, on the Western Costa del Sol.Only 20 minutes from the International Malaga Airport.
Founded by the Phoenicians, Romans, Byzantines, Visigoths and Moors passed through Fuengirola among other villages. Until its definitive incorporation into the Crown of Castile.
It suffered intense Berber piracy for centuries. Nowadays it is an important tourist centre.
Discover the best attractions of Fuengirola
The Best attractions of Fuengirola are:
Iglesia de Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Our Lady of the Rosary Church): this is the city’s main Catholic church, located in the Plaza de la Constitución.
Bioparc Fuengirola: zoo with more than 1,300 animals of 140 different species.
Castillo Sohail: Arabic citadel built over an earlier Roman fortress.
Opera Apartments, 1962 by the architect Andrés Escassi;
The Galería building, located on the promenade;
Covered Municipal Swimming Pool, by architect Luis Machuca Santacruz, built in 1.999.
Museum of Fuengirola: it gathers a collection of vestiges related to the history of the city. It can be found in the old house of the Official Veterinarian.
Open Museum: it is integrated by murals of great size exposed in the facades of diverse buildings of the municipality.
Fuengirola´s main attraction: The Beaches
Fuengirola has 8 kilometers of beaches. These eight kilometres of coastline are divided into seven beaches. Also in 2009 Fuengirola became the only municipality in Spain in which all its beaches have blue flag.
In general, the beaches of Fuengirola are low and sandy with calm waters.
It is also important that they are all accessible from the Paseo Marítimo and have a high occupancy rate.
How can you explore the best attractions of Fuengirola?
You will need a vehicle to explore Fuengirola and surroundings freely if you don’t have yours. You can make 2 choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public transport. But there is a big disadvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules and waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer the second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point:
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at the arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where our staff will deliver the car rental in Fuengirola. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving your accommodation.So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park it near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the car rental, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on our website.
Only 20 minutes from the Malaga Airport, and there you can discover the best attractions of Fuengirola.