Bahia Sexi wants to show you the best attractions of Algarrobo. Here, you can know each interesting corner in your own thing and you won’t miss anything. Thanks to this post you could organize better your vacation.
Algarrobo is a Spanish municipality in the province of Malaga, Andalusia. Just under 40 kilometers from Malaga Airport heading East. It is south of Arenas and Sayalonga. It is bordered by Velez-Malaga to the east and west and by the Mediterranean Sea to the south.
Its main centre of population is Algarrobo, a town of Arab architecture located 3.5 kilometres from the coast. Other towns in the municipality are Algarrobo Costa, Mezquitilla and Trayamar.
A bit of history about the attractions of Algarrobo:
Its origins date back to the Palaeolithic period. But its first prehistoric settlement of which there are documents is from the Copper Age.
The Phoenicians also passed through here because Phoenician necropolis have been found. They are also the most important Phoenician remains found.
With the arrival of the Muslims to the Iberian Peninsula the area resurged and they founded Algarrobo. The Arabs introduced crops such as raisins or almonds and small silk industries.
In 1487, when the Christian troops took the city of Velez Malaga and the fortress of Bentomiz, Algarrobo became the crown of Castile.
The Main Attractions of Algarrobo are:
- Ladeada Tower of Arab origin.
- Hermitage of San Sebastian, dating from the seventeenth or eighteenth century. In 1976 it had to be reconstructed in the image of the previous one, due to the danger of collapse that it presented.
- Church of Santa Ana, XVI century. Hermitage of Las Angustias, located at the exit of Algarrobo Norte. In spite of not being an architectural jewel, in the municipality it is very loved, and all the brides of the village will take their bouquet of flowers there.
- Torre Derecha (Right Tower) or Torre Nueva (New Tower), of Christian origin, both in Algarrobo Costa.
How can you explore the best attractions of Algarrobo?
You will need a vehicle to explore Algarrobo and surroundings freely if you don’t have yours. You can make 2 choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public transport. But there is a big disadvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules and waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer the second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point:
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at the arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where our staff will deliver the car rental in Algarrobo. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving your accommodation. So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park it near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the car rental, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on ourwebsite.
Finally, you can arrive to Algarrobo in your rental car in approximately 30 minutes from the Malaga Airport.