Bahia Sexi introduces you the attractions of Cala de Mijas and Calahonda. In this way, you can visit each corner in your own thing and you won’t miss anything. So read this post to organize better your holiday.
About Cala de Mijas and its attractions:
La Cala de Mijas belongs to Mijas, in the province of Málaga. In the middle of the Costa del Sol. Cala de Mijas is located in the coastal area of the municipality, except for some rocky areas between the boundaries of Fuengirola, to the east and Marbella, to the west.
La Cala de Mijas is less than one kilometre long.
The most important thing is underwater. Because it is home to a great biodiversity in which a large number of European, African, Atlantic and Mediterranean species coexist.
Another attractions of Cala de Mijas is from its medieval past, four towers that formed part of the fortified line along the coast are preserved. Its main function was to warn if enemy ships were approaching so that the garrisons could go to the site where the Berber pirates were attacking.
One of the towers is in the Cala, the others are located in various urbanizations of Mijas Costa.
These attraction towers are:
Tower of Calahonda
New Tower of La Cala del Moral.
Battery Tower of La Cala del Moral
About attractions of Calahonda:
Calahonda is an area located in the municipality of Mijas (Málaga). That owes its name to the beach of Calahonda, whose name was used by the developer, D. Juan de Orbaneja y Desvalls, to call that area and part of an urbanization of Marbella in 1.963. It has approximately 27 kilometres of streets and more than 7000 dwellings.
It is halfway between the towns of Fuengirola and Marbella. Most of its territory is dedicated to residential areas and golf courses, with three large commercial areas. There are restaurants, cafés and pubs.
Finally we must talk about the Cabopino Beach, because it is other attractions of Calahonda. Also called Artola Beach. It is an isolated beach of golden sand, located in the middle of nature and is also protected next to the port of Cabopino. This beach is just over a kilometre long and approximately 30 metres wide. There is also a nudist area.
Also in Mijas we can play golf as it has several courses and clubs, as well as the largest water park in Andalusia (Aquapark).
How can you explore the best attractions of Cala de Mijas and Calahonda?
You will need a vehicle to explore Cala de Mijas and Calahonda and surroundings freely if you don’t have yours. You can make 2 choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public transport. But there is a big disadvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules and waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer the second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point:
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at the arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where our staff will deliver the car rental in Cala de Mijas and Calahonda. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving your accommodation. So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park it near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the car rental, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on our website.
Finally only to say that all the attractions of Cala de Mijas and Calahonda are 15 minutes from the Malaga Airport in your rental car.