In this post we present what to do on New Year’s Eve in Marbella. Because even if you haven’t booked your New Year’s Eve or Christmas Eve dinner in your restaurant. It doesn’t matter in Marbella there are hundreds of plans these days.
But if you want to know more about Marbella and the Costa del Sol, visit our blog. Because there you will find all the information you need.
What to do on New Year’s Eve in Marbella
New Year’s Eve Dinners
At New Year’s Eve, Marbella offers a multitude of options for celebrating New Year’s Eve as a couple or as a family. There are restaurants to enjoy with friends, romantic spaces and others that offer different experiences for the more adventurous.
New Year’s Eve Party
If you are thinking of spending New Year’s Eve in Marbella, this year the party will move to the Plaza de la Iglesia de la Encarnación. The Marbellíes will be able to drink the grapes in this new space following the bells of the church clock and then be able to enjoy the beginning of the year in style with the Orquesta Velada and Arenal.
In addition, bars, pubs and discotheques bet on private parties where you can pay for consumption or open bar. Locals as a general rule are usually promoted with prices different from the rest of the year. Although there are some that forget about special promotions for tonight.
New Year’s Concert
As has become customary, the New Year’s Concert is held in Marbella and San Pedro. It is in charge of the municipal bands. On this occasion it is held on 3 January at 18.00 hours in the Plaza San Pedro Alcántara and on 4 January at 12.30 hours in the Plaza Santo Cristo in Marbella.
And throughout Christmas
Exhibition of cribs
In addition, from the beginning of December you can visit the different cribs of Marbella. The location is:
- Old Municipal Bethlehem, Plaza de la Iglesia (Divina Pastora).
- Belén Municipal, Plaza de la Iglesia.
- Exhibition of Dioramas, Plaza de la Victoria.
- Belén Asociación Belenista Mª Rosa Duvige, Avda. Nabeul.
When Christmas arrives, Marbella becomes a very festive place, as from the end of November the city is illuminated with a series of elegant and beautiful Christmas lights. In the Parque de la Alameda there are cribs and stalls to buy roasted chestnuts, hot waffles and other festive treats, while a stroll through the Old Town of Marbella will surely add a little magic to anyone’s Christmas.
Exhibition of Christmas dioramas and Expo Click fair
From 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. you can enjoy both the Dioramas Exhibition with the representation of different Christmas themes and your favourite characters, and the Expo Click where you can have fun watching a multitude of dioramas from different films, such as Star Wars, Harry Potter and others from Walt Disney.
This event also has a multitude of pieces, figures and vehicles, and also offers the possibility of photographing you in an incredible Santa Claus photocall.
Christmas Carol Contest
On 15 December at 10 am you can enjoy the celebration of the 19th Christmas Carols Competition of the Old Town which on this occasion is organized by the Association of Merchants and Professionals of the Old Town of Marbella. On this occasion it will be located in the Plaza de la Iglesia.
How you can arrive to Marbella
You will need a vehicle to explore Marbella and surroundings freely. If you don´t have yours You can make two choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public But there is a big disvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules ant waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedoom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point.
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where the staff will deliver the car rental in Marbella. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving accommodation. So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the rental car, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on our website.
If you need only one round trip, but prefer to spend your holidays other than with your hands behind the wheel, at Bahia Sexi we have an airport transfer service that will solve all your problems.
Contact Autosexi through their website or by calling +34 677 441 628 and get the ride you need.