Enjoy the attractions of Rota and discover more about this place!
Bahia Sexi introduces you the attractions of Rota. In this way, you can visit each corner in your own thing and you won’t miss anything. So read this post to organize better your holiday. You can arrive to Rota to enjoy its attractions in your rental car in only two hours from the Malaga Airport.
The main attractions of Rota are its Monuments and the Beach:
- Torre de la Merced: square in shape with an octagonal shape at the top. Finished off in the shape of a semi-sphere. It is part of the old convent of La Merced, from the 17th century.
- Chapel of San Roque (17th century): it is made up of three naves separated by low and thick columns, the central nave being larger than the lateral ones. It was a hermitage on the outskirts of Rota.
- Capilla de la Caridad: curiously with a Latin cross floor plan. It is a Baroque monument. Don’t forget to visit its 18th century altarpiece.
- The Moon Castle: rectangular in shape, with five towers and its interior articulated around a central courtyard. Its construction began in 1295.
- Wall: with the shape of an oval surrounding the city. Built of masonry and 2 metres thick. Nowadays only traces remain.
- La O Church: late Gothic style with Plateresque and Renaissance tendencies. Inside there are several artistic jewels such as the images of the choir, the 18th century organ (one of the only ones in Spain), the 18th century Triana tiles, numerous pieces of silver and various carvings of great interest…
- The corrals (declared Natural Monument: it is a parcel delimited by walls of artificial construction that separate the surface of the sea in different compartments, whose use is fishing. Its construction is due to the Roman settlement and the historical testimonies recognise the continuity of its exploitation until the middle of the 20th century. Apart from its historical and cultural value, it is of great ecological interest as it is home to a great diversity of both animal and plant species.
- Faro de Rota: above a gate in the wall.
In addition, Rota has one of the best beach in Andalusia:
La Playa de la Costilla, always with the blue flag for the excellent quality of its golden sands and a clean sea that invites bathing, also has the distinction of the “Q” for quality.
How can you explore the best attractions of Rota?
You will need a vehicle to explore Rota and surroundings freely if you don’t have yours. You can make 2 choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public transport. But there is a big disadvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules and waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer the second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point:
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at the arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where our staff will deliver the car rental in Rota. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving your accommodation. So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park it near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the car rental, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on our website.