Enjoy the Gastronomy of Fuengirola
Enjoy the Gastronomy of Fuengirola thanks to Bahia Sexi and this post. Because to enjoy the good food in vacations feels very good. And Fuengirola enjoys one of the best gastronomies of the Costa del Sol.
But if you want to know more about Fuengirola and the Costa del Sol, visit our blog.
Enjoy the Gastronomy of Fuengirola
Typical dishes of Fuengirola are:
- fideos a la banda
- pescaíto frito
- espetos (fish, generally sardines, grilled)
- ensalada malagueña and tortas de Fuengirola (traditional recipe)
The most typical dish of all: El espeto
First of all, the espeto is a typical dish of Málaga and consists of espetar, that is to say, to thread fish. Traditionally sardines, in thin and long reeds, to roast it with firewood on the sand of the beach.
Not to be confused with espetada, a typical dish of Portuguese gastronomy.
In addition, the technique consists of inserting the sardines through their loin and that all are placed on the cane equally.
Traditionally, a small mound of sand was placed to nail the reeds and on the other side the wood already made charcoal.
When it became an activity where a professional skewer cooks for a restaurant, so the skeeters went to the ingenuity of placing sand inside a boat and raise it on trestles.
Nowadays there are many restaurants and even town halls that place along the promenades, boats in some cases of metal, so that they can be filled with sand and facilitate the work. The advantage of these modern containers is that they can be easily oriented with respect to the breeze.
In addition, although sardines are traditional, many other foods can be skewered. This is why it is also common to skewer other fish such as horse mackerel, gilthead bream, sea bass, etc. In these cases, the rod is introduced through the mouth of the animal. It is also common to see squid or other large molluscs.
Gastronomic events in Fuengirola
There are also gastronomic events in Fuengirola, which are held twice a year:
- The Tapas Fair
- The Galician Gastronomic Days
How you can arrive to Fuengirola
You will need a vehicle to explore Fuengirola and surroundings freely. If you don´t have yours You can make two choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public But there is a big disvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules ant waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedoom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point.
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where the staff will deliver the car rental in Fuengirola. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving accommodation. So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the rental car, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on our website.
If you need only one round trip, but prefer to spend your holidays other than with your hands behind the wheel. At Bahia Sexi we have an airport transfer service that will solve all your problems.
Contact Autosexi through their website or by calling +34 677 441 628 and get the ride you need.