Bahía Sexi wants to show you so that you can enjoy Holy Week to the maximum in Fuengirola.
When does the Hoy Week start in Fuengirola in 2019?
The date of Easter is variable and can change from year to year. The date will always be between March 22nd and April 25th. It is associated with an astrological phenomenon that is related to the convocation of Constantine the Great of the Council of Nicea. The first Sunday after the first full moon of spring.
In 2019 Holy Week will be from 14 to 21 April.
The greatest attraction of Holy Week in Fuengirola are its processions, with the Nazarenes, penitents, costaleros… carrying their images:
Holy Week Processions in Fuengirola
La Pollinica: this brotherhood performs its Penitence season on Palm Sunday. Traditionally in Fuengirola the first procession that goes out is the throne of La Pollinica, so called because it represents Jesus mounted on a “pollino” or small donkey.
Hermandad del Cautivo, whose images are:
Our Father Jesus Captive, made in 1987 and blessed on December 8 of the same year. The image wears a white tunic and his hands are tied.
And Our Lady of Sorrows: like Christ, it is of Sevillian school and is probably dated to the 19th century.
Between Thursday and Friday is when more brotherhoods go out in procession:
Our Father Jesus Tied to the Column and Mary Most Holy of Bitterness.
Our Father Jesus of Passion and Mary Most Holy of Hope.
Most Holy Christ of the Expiration and Most Holy Mary of Sorrows.
Most Holy Christ of Charity, Most Holy Reclining Christ of Peace and Unity and Most Holy Mary of Love and Solitude.
Our Mother and Lady of Solitude.
The throne of the Resurrected Jesus carries out the procession on Easter Sundays. It commemorates the passages of the New Testament that the Catholic Church celebrates the Easter of the Resurrection of Jesus. The throne is processioned by the Royal Sacramental Brotherhood and Brotherhood of Nazarenes of Our Captive Father Jesus, Our Lady of Sorrows and the Resurrected Jesus.
The image is a complete carving of Jesus with the naked torso and the head touched with the divine powers. It carries the banner with the acronym JHS (IHESUS). It represents the triumph of the flesh over death.
Do you want the car hire of Bahia Sexi to enjoy the Holy Week in Fuengirola?
You will need a vehicle to explore Fuengirola and surroundings freely if you don’t have yours. You can make 2 choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public transport. But there is a big disadvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules and waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer the second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point:
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at the arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where our staff will deliver the car rental in Fuengirola. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving your accommodation. So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park it near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the car rental, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on our website.