Monuments of Torre del Mar
Bahia Sexi presents in this post the Monuments of Torre del Mar. Because not only sun and beach has Torre del Mar. It also has a great heritage thanks to its monuments.
But if you want to know more about Torre del Mar and the Costa del Sol, visit our blog. Because every day we bring you more information.
Heritage of Torre del Mar
In Torre del Mar, the presence of the Sugar Museum, inaugurated in 2014, stands out. Because it pays tribute to a famous factory owned by the Larios family. In addition to the Torre del Mar Lighthouse, which is actually three. Because due to the retreat of the coastline the oldest has been boxed between the apartment buildings and another later left its function to the most modern of the 70s.
The hermitage next to La Noria and the so-called Manganeta Tower, next to the river, are worth mentioning. Which is of Arab origin and was used for monitoring the coast. Other notable buildings succumbed to successive urban policies.
Two villas from the late nineteenth and early twentieth century in the town that survived the massive construction. The best known is Villa Mercedes, and “Casa de Las Palmeras”, the name it took from the two palm trees that were there.
In addition in Torre del Mar we can also visit the following Monuments:
Torre del Mar Train Station:
The 1904 station consists of a rectangular central body, with a single nave and two floors, and two lateral bodies that are attached transversally to the latter, which nevertheless offers a compact volume.
Cortijada Casa de la Viña:
This hundred-year-old cortijo stands at the foot of the Monte de la Viña. In the original zone of the urban nucleus of Torre del Mar, and immediate to the millenary acequia of the strong house.
The building is an example of the so-called art of the Modern Movement of the second half of the twentieth century. Because it is a manifestation of uses typical of a maritime population such as Torre del Mar.
Old Castle of Torre del Mar:
It corresponds to the Castle-Fortín that gives origin to the nucleus of the current Torre del Mar. At first it was small and its function was to watch over the coast. After the passage of time the fortification remained further away from the sea due to the advance of the land.
Larios House in Torre del Mar:
The Larios House dates from 1888 and is also part of the sugar mill complex. In addition, its function was to house the offices of the staff and the house of the factory engineer.
How you can arrive to Torre del Mar
You will need a vehicle to explore Torre del Mar and surroundings freely. If you don´t have yours You can make two choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public But there is a big disvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules ant waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedoom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point.
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where the staff will deliver the car rental in Torre del Mar. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving accommodation. So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the rental car, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on our website.
If you need only one round trip, but prefer to spend your holidays other than with your hands behind the wheel, at Bahia Sexi we have an airport transfer service that will solve all your problems.
Contact Autosexi through their website or by calling +34 677 441 628 and get the ride you need.