Let’s discover Nerja at Christmas with Bahia Sexi
Would you like to spend the Christmas vacation at the beach? You should visit Nerja at Christmas. Although Nerja is well-known because of its beaches and sunshine, it is really nice at Christmas too. So Bahia Sexi shows you Nerja at Christmas.
Do you know the traditions of Nerja at Christmas?
You can also life the Christmas spirit at the picturesque town of Nerja. Moreover you can forget your hat and gloves, because the weather in Nerja has mild temperatures all year.
The Christmas holiday starts on December 22 with the lottery special draw and it finishes after the 3 Kings on Januar 6.
Let’s know the special cultural program
The town hall organizes many activities for all ages. So you can visit its website to know the cultural program of Nerja at Christmas. For example:
- The Nerja Music band will play a Christmas Concert.
- The first days of January there will be the family theater festival. The plays will be free.
- In the afternoon there are “Chocolatadas”. And you can take Buñuelos or Churros with a cup of hot chocolate.
What to do in Nerja at Christmas?
Nerja at Christmas lives these special dates with the family, as well as at the streets, where you feel the special atmosphere. There are many traditions:
- On the 23th Papa Noel (or Santa Claus) arrives Nerja. So there is a fantastic Parade and then everybody will have fun at the kids party.
- You cannot miss “las zambombás”, which are Christmas Carol with flamenco style. They are typical in Andalusia.
- The “Pastorales” will they go through the town while they sing Carol Christmas.
- You can visit the nativity scenes, as well as the life nativity scenes.
You have to taste the Turrones and Mantecados, which are the typical Christmas sweets.
Do you know the peculiar Spanish tradition at New Year Eve?
This night the people have dinner with the family or friends. And later, there are a lot of parties everywhere to celebrate the new year until the sunrise.
In Spain there is a peculiar tradition at midnight. They eat 12 grapes with each bell to have good luck and happiness in the new year.
In Nerja there is a great party at the Balcon de Europa. And El Salvador church rings the bells at midnight while everybody try to eat all the grapes. Do you dare to try it?
The 3 Kings gives the illusion to children
The 3 kings Parade is the most expected moment for children. So it starts on Januar 5 at 17:00 from the Balcon de Europa. This year it will be more special because the Andalusian TV will be in Nerja to show it.
You have to try the Roscon de Reyes, which is a big donut with surprise hidden inside it.
Are you traveling to Nerja at Christmas?
Bahia Sexi simplifies your vacation with our car hire in Nerja. In this way, you can explore it freely. Let’s know our pick up points:
- At Malaga Airport the “Meet & Greet Service” is really comfortable for you. Because, our staffs will welcome you at the arrivals area to deliver our car hire.
- Bahia Sexi delivers your car rental at your accommodation lobby. And then you can also return it there. You only have to park it near and give the key to the receptionist.
- In the same way, our office is also another pick up point to have our car hire.
Visit our website to book online.
However, if you only want a transfer from the Airport to Nerja, Autosexi offers you the best transfer service from & to Malaga Airport. You have more info on the website.
In conclusion, if you don’t want a white Christmas again, you can come to Nerja at Christmas with the car hire of Bahia Sexi. And enjoy the next Christmas at the at the beach!
Images: Nerja Today