When are you going to enjoy the good weather in Motril?
Would you like to spend some days off away from the cold climate? Come to know the weather in Motril, which offers you 320 sunny days a year and mild temperatures, as well as tasty gastronomy, beaches, and much more that you can discover in this post.
Do you know why the weather in Motril is unique in Europe?
Motril is located in the Costa Tropical of Granada, specifically it is between Sierra Nevada´s Mountains and the Mediterranean Sea. So this special location gives rise a unique and privileged climate in Spain.
Throughout the year, there is mild temperatures with an average of 18 degrees. So you can spend not too cold winters or not too warm summers. In addition, there are more than 300 sunny days. For this reason, the weather in Motril is the best in Europe.
When you are going to visit Motril?
Motril is the biggest city in the Costa Tropical, which has an important port, where you can take a ferry to Morocco. The fishing boats brings fresh fishes and seafood to the fish market.
Come to Motril in Autumn and taste the tropical fruits
Autumn is the wettest season, but you can also enjoy many sunny days and mild temperatures.
Motril and the Costa Tropical farm several kinds of tropical fruits, thanks to the special weather in Motril. In this way, the fall is the season of the harvest, so you can taste avocados, mangoes, custard apple, etc.
You can also spend warm days off in winter
Winter is the colder time, but the temperatures don’t fall below 8º. However the Sierra Nevada sky resort is about 40 minutes away. So you can ski and come back to rest close to the beach.
The main celebration in winter is Christmas, which ends with the “Cabalgata de los 3 Reyes Magos”. It is a nice ride with the 3 Kings, who give sweets and toys to the children. In addition, Motril has many shops to buy some presents.
Let´s have fun outdoor in spring
The people celebrate the good weather in Motril with traditional festivities, such as:
- Easter is a religious celebration, but the people also take advance the holidays to enjoy outdoor.
- The cross day is the flower party, because everywhere is decorated with them. It is really nice and fun. Everyone is invited to have fun and dance flamenco.
Enjoy the summer in Motril
Summers in Motril are warm and dry. The temperatures usually go from 22º to 32º.
The beaches are quiet even in summer and its waters are clear. So they are the ideal place to practice water sports or just have a bath.
You can have a good time at the summer festivities in Motril, such as:
- San Juan festivities is the beginning of this season in June.
- In July the fishermen celebrate the Carmen´s day with a maritime procession.
- And the main festivities are celebrated in august.
Do you need a vehicle to travel to Motril?
Bahia Sexi wants to avoid worries on holidays. For this reason, we offer our car hire in Motril. So, you can explore each corner freely. We show you the possible pick up points:
- You can take our car rental at Malaga Airport, which is really comfortable for you. Because you can book our “Meet & Greet Service” and our staffs will welcome you at the arrivals area to do the delivery.
- Bahia Sexi can also deliver the car rental at your accommodation lobby. Later, you will also return it there. So you only have to park it near and leave the key at the reception.
- Finally, our office is also at your disposal to pick up our car hire.
On our website you can book online and make your choice.
If you only need a transfer from-to the Malaga Airport-Motril, Autosexi has the best transfer service. Read more info, on this website.
In conclusion, it does not matter when you choose to come, because the weather in Motril makes each season wonderful. So book your car hire in Motril with Bahia Sexi and have fun!
Images: Motril Turismo