Bahia Sexi wants to show you the best attractions of Barbate. Here, you can know each interesting corner in your own thing and you won’t miss anything. Thanks to this post you could organize better your vacation.
A little bit about Barbate
Barbate (from 1950 to 1998 it was called Barbate de Franco) is a village in the province of Cadiz. It has an average altitude of 10 meters and is located 64 kilometers from the provincial capital, Cadiz. And two hours from Malaga Airport in a rented car.
This town also belongs to the region of La Janda.
It is next to the mouth of the river Barbate, on the coast near Cape Trafalgar. There took place the famous battle of the same name.
In its municipal district is the Natural Park of La Breña and Marismas del Barbate and Cape Trafalgar.
Due to its tradition it is a fishing village. Highlighting the tuna fishing through the traditional art of the trap.
The best attractions of Barbate:
Within the civil architecture:
– The watchtowers of the Tagus and Mecca, the first built in the sixteenth century and the second in the nineteenth.
– The Trafalgar lighthouse and the Trafalgar Tower.
– In addition, Cape Trafalgar is a natural monument.
– The Palomar de Breña is the largest dovecote in the world.
– The hermitage of San Ambrosio, of Visigothic and Paleo-Christian origin, is an Asset of Cultural Interest.77 Returning to civil architecture, in San Ambrosio there is also a unique 18th century hacienda, popularly known as “El Palomar de La Breña”.-
The hermitage of San Ambrosio, of Visigothic and Paleo-Christian origin, which is an Asset of Cultural Interest. El Palomar de
In the autonomous local entity of Zahara, an example of civil architecture stands out, the Castle of Zahara de los Atunes, which dates from the fifteenth century. There are also cave paintings, such as La Fuente Santa and Morjana.
How can you explore the best attractions of Barbate?
You will need a vehicle to explore Barbate and surroundings freely if you don’t have yours. You can make 2 choices:
- The cheapest way to travel is the public transport. But there is a big disadvantage, because you will have to worry about its schedules and waste time waiting for them.
- You can also book our car hire with Bahia Sexi. It will offer you freedom and the privacy to explore the region in your own thing.
In addition, if you prefer the second possibility, you can choose your favorite pick up point:
- Our service “Meet & Greet” is at you disposal at the Malaga Airport, where our staffs will meet you at the arrivals area to deliver the car rental as soon as you arrive.
- We can also meet at the reception hall of your hotel, where our staff will deliver the car rental in Barbate. In the same way, you can return the car rental without leaving your accommodation. So you can give the key to the receptionist after you park it near.
- Our staff will be glad to deliver you the car rental, when you visit our office.
You can book it online to choose your favorite pick up point on ourwebsite.